The first time I heard about Maca was few month ago.. Now I start my day with Mocachino and feel energised. I don’t need coffee anymore. OK, I’m not saying that I quit coffee. Just don’t feel I need it every morning and afternoon.
Now I have another recipe. I found this one at Organic Burst webpage called Maca energy balls. Who don’t need energy! And they say it’s healthy, full of good omegas-3 and even lots of minerals! And it takes only 5 minutes to make. O well, lets try!
So, I’ve tried, I changed the recipe a bit (didn’t have chia seeds, used flaxseeds instead… omit the ginger, and substituted coconut oil with coconut manna) but they are so good!!!! My girls love them! And even Janis is eating!
I would say it’s still a bit too sweet for me but it’s Saturday… so why not!? For those who isn’t up to date – I’m trying to cut out the sugar from my diet…many reasons…
Now I have two good Macas recipes.
Maca energy balls
Sugar free, healthy and gluten free treat. Plant based. RAD.
- 3/4 cups almonds
- 3/4 cups dates
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut manna
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp Maca powder
- Blend almonds in food processor until they form a flour.
- Cut the dates into small peaces.
- Add dates, almond butter, coconut manna, flax seeds and Maca powder and pulse few times.
- Scoop out 1 tsp and roll into a ball with hands firmly pressing together. Repeat.
- Put them in the fridge or eat right away. Store in the fridge.