One day I realize that I can’t eat bread that has yeast in it. So now I have to bake my own bread and guess what, this bread is the most delicious seed bread that I have ever tasted. And it’s easy to make. You don’t have to knead it and don’t have to wait until it rises.
It takes only 5 minutes to mix it up and 40-60 minutes to bake. And the best of all it has a pumpkin in it.
Since I have big pumpkins left from autumn, I’m interested in recipes, that calls for pumpkin or pumpkin puree. Fresh pumpkin is used for juice or soup but I usually have 1/2 of pumpkin (or even 3/4 of big pumpkin) left to make a puree.
This recipe needs 3 cups of pumpkin puree! But don’t worry pumpkin makes the bread soft but doesn’t taste like pumpkin!
Yeast-free quick pumpkin bread
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 500 grams flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 6 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp good oil
- Turn on the oven on 200C.
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix together all wet ingredients. Add to dry and mix until all combined.
- Scoop into a loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-60 minutes.
- Make sure you have plenty of softened butter on hand to slather on still-warm slices! Enjoy.