Never had banana bread or cake.. or muffins before! Everyone is jumping high and sharing success with banana bread and I was like “No way!”. I don’t like baked bananas… There is a recipe for baked bananas and add ice cream on top. Crazy! Not for me!
My favorite pancake recipe includes mashed banana… there it fits perfectly… but I had 3 very ripe bananas and only one needed for pancakes. I don’t like throwing away food! So I had a deep breath and open my laptop to search for the recipe. Banana muffins!? Maybe girls will like them… 8AM on New year’s eve and I’m in the kitchen baking muffins…
And at the end they were good! So good, I need to share the recipe here, to remember for the next time I’ll have overripe bananas! Original recipe is from togetherasfamily.com
Banana bread muffins
This recipe will need two overripe bananas
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat an oven to 190°C. Line a muffin pan with a muffin liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix together until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among a lined muffin tin, filling halfway.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Immediately transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or completely cooled.