Thanks to our friend Aivar’s dad Aivars (Yes, they both are named Aivars) we have an opportunity to buy extra free range eggs!
Also, we are lucky enough to have Janis Uncle that is also having free range chicken “farm” (about 10 chickens). Since Aivars (senior) started the “egg business” (I guess we are the only clients!) we have free range eggs since moved in here! Almost 4 years without store-bought eggs – lucky us!
Eggs for breakfast!? Love those days! One of our family’s favorite omelette… if you ask me – with mushrooms!
Mushroom stuffed Omelette
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mushrooms
- peace of leek
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- about 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Cut mushrooms and leek. Grind parmesan and set aside.
- Oil and heat a frying pan. Stir-fry mushrooms and leek until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Add oil and make omelette in the same pan.
- In a bowl beat eggs until combined. Add salt and pepper. Pour into the pan.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue when no liquid eggs remain.
- Add mushrooms on top and sprinkle with Parmesan. Fold the omelette in half. Serve.