I guess there are hundreds of ways how to make a pumpkin soup! This is one of my favorites since it requires only one pot and when it comes to boil you are free (if you have good pot otherwise – stir occasionally). I think this is a super simple & delicious recipe.
Pumpkin & Lentil Soup
- 1kg pumpkin flesh cubbed
- 2 onions diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cups lentils
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of thyme (optional)
- 1. Sauté the onion and garlic in a large pot with the olive oil over medium heat until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Add pumpkin and red lentils. Stir to combine and add broth.
- Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up and allow it to come to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down and simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a potato masher (or for smooth texture – hand blender) mash the soup to desired consistency. Taste for seasoning. Serve (with/without sour cream).