Lentil and Tomato Soup
Lentils. I know, I know.. there is more then one kind of lentils out there! Which ones am I using for the soup!? Red. Red!? Yes, red! I don’t know all those kinds of lentils. Lentils don’t grow here in Latvia and I’m not the expert of lentils. Just stick with colours!
This recipe is from the book I received yesterday: Easy vegetarian one-pot. Actually the FIRST recipe in that book. I got through the book yesterday and I can say – I love this book! This book defiantly goes with us on the trailer trip this summer.
Lentil and Tomato soup
- 2 tbsp good quality oil
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp dried origano
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 200 g red lentils
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grind Parmesan cheese
- Pour oil in pot. Add carrots, leek, onion and garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add oregano, tomatoes, lentils and stock. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with grated cheese and lavash chips (or other bread.. toast perhaps!).