This is something I thought of when Linna wanted to help me in the kitchen. I was in the hurry so I needed her to be off the “helping”. I asked Linna to wash potatoes while I was looking around (still mess in my kitchen – haven’t finished it!) for cookie cutters. I was lucky! I found them just in time.
So, what you need:
- cookie cutters
- paper towel
- ink, paint, etc
- Paper/card blank/plane wrapping paper etc
How to make a potato stamp:
- Cut potato in half.
- Choose a cookie cutter you like & small enough to fit.
- Press the cookie cutter into the center of the potato. Leaving the cookie cutter in the potato, slice a thick slice around the cookie cutter.
- Remove the outer layer of potato and then the cookie cutter from the shape.
- Use a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the potato.
- Ink your potato stamp.
- Simply press your potato stamp down on the paper you want to decorate.
This kept my girls occupied for an hour!
They started to make their own play money.