This recipe requires cooked barley. I like to cook a bigger pot of barley and keep it in the fridge when I’m feeling too lazy to cook.
I love a simple Latvian kitchen that includes onions, salt & pepper.
Barley with Wild Mushrooms
- 6 cups cooked barley
- 400 grams fried wild mushrooms
- 2 chopped onions
- 50-100 grams sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the frying pan and add oil.
- Stir-fry onion until light brown add wild mushrooms and cooked barley.
- Stir-fry until heated through. Add sour cream and dill and stir-fry until all combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.