Another breakfast idea from my heart & kitchen to yours! I had leftover tuna and half of the tomato from tortilla night, I don’t like throwing out food. So I build my breakfast around tuna and tomato :).
Now, since girls are in the kindergarten and have balanced meals there (including breakfast) our morning gets lazy and calm. We can think about food what we would love to eat not just gulp something down and always rushed off our feet!
Tuna & Avocado CousCous salad
Hint: 1 cup dry couscous makes 2 – 2 ½ cups cooked couscous
- 1/2 cup uncooked CousCous
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup canned tuna
- 1/2 tomato
- 2 avocado
- leek to taste
- lemon (optional)
- Boil water to be ready when needed.
- In a small pot add couscous and salt. Stir and heat through. About a minute. Turn off heat. Add boiling water to cover the couscous. Cover the pot with a lid and set aside.
- Mash one avocado and tuna together. Cut the tomato into small cubes add slice leek in tinny slices. Add to tuna mix.
- Stire in CousCous. Garnish with sliced avocado and the lemon wedge.