I can’t remember when was the last time I ate kale! I can’t get kale here in Gulbene!
This bunch of Kale (actually 3 bunches) I got as a barter. Helped with photography work. There are two things I love to make: green smoothie or creamed greens. Since smoothies usually aren’t keto and I didn’t have other ingredients to make a smoothie… remains – creamed greens!
This recipe is simple and good if you have greens but don’t know what to do with them. I use to make it with kale, beet greens or chard.
Creamed Greens: Kale (Keto, Low Carb)
These is good recipe to use up greens!
- 500 grams Fresh Clean Greens
- a bit of water
- 20 grams butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 180 grams Cream Cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Wash and remove any tough stems and cut greens. Put the greens, a bit of water and salt in a frying pan and cover. Steam for 5-10 minutes while soft.
- Move kale to one side of the frying pan and melt the butter at the free side.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté until the garlic is just starting to brown. Add the cubed cream cheese, heavy cream, pepper and mix all together (also greens).
- Add Parmesan cheese and mix well. Enjoy.