Mistical Allergy

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 12.50.49.pngWe visited our doctor when the first “look like chicken pox” showed up. And she said it is an allergy! We won’t believe her and the reason is:

  • We eat at home and usually I plan, prepare and cook our meals and it is 20 recipes repeating;
  • Most of our food are organic or from local small farmers who grows it without any chemicals;
  • We didn’t buy any new/used clothes or bedding for her lately.
  • We are using the same laundry detergent for 2 years;

All I can think of is that one kiwi fruit she ate 2 weeks ago. Few (4-6) new red spots (and then blister) are showing up every day. The old ones are with a scab (don’t know if it is the right word) but still there. Helmī is covered in green spots (from Brilliant green I’m using on her) from head to knees. And my patience is running out.

We called the doctor and she said it is an allergy! Still from that one kiwi fruit a few weeks ago!? Now we are eating simple and usual meals, like boiled potatoes with simple gravy, puree, stews and veggie soups, eggs, and cottage cheese… excluding milk, fruits, and nonseasonal veggies. We never had a problem with food, she ate very well and haven’t had any problems!

I googled for food allergies and they look completely different! Any suggestions – I’m getting tired 😦

Ilze

P.S Picture: fir-tree covered in ice a few weeks ago.


5 thoughts on “Mistical Allergy

  1. Hello Ilze, sorry to hear that the allergy hasn’t gone away. I know how good Latvian food is and think you are correct about that. You can become sensitised to things that you were ok with before. For me it was washing powder and fabric softener, I now use a non bio and no fabric softener. :>)

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Dear Ilse, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter’s allergy, but the doctor might be right. My younger son has a kiwi allergy, He would have the reaction you describe if he eats a piece of ANOTHER FRUIT from the platter that might have had kiwi next to it, and a drop of kiwi juice got on it. Unfortunately it may last from a few days to several months. Brilliant green will not help, other than prevent infection. I suggest trying baby diaper rush ointment (here is the US it is called Desitin, but I don’t know what you have in Latvia) or any cream or ointment that has zinc in it. Try it on an unaffected tiny patch of skin first, and if there is dryness but no redness, you can use it.
    I hope it helps and I hope she feels better!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you! This is more than helpful! I used Brilliant green to mark and see if something new is showing up. I’ll definitely try to find a cream with zinck in it! Thank you for your help! I will let you know!

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s