I love instant noodle meals. BUT. The lack of nutrients and high amounts of salt and saturated fat and several unhealthy ingredients keeps these meals away from my plate. Another issue for me is they are packaged in Styrofoam, which contains a chemical called bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to interfere with how hormones send messages through the body.
Today I wasn’t in the hurry nor hunger so I could think clear enough to figure out how to make a delicious homemade ramen! And “Yes!” you can call it fast food but in a good way! It was easy, fast and jet delicious! I made it in a Saute Pan but you can use pot as well.
You can top it with what you love the most. I had leftover 2 boiled eggs from breakfast.
Homemade Ramen with Mushrooms & Boiled Eggs
One-pot wonder that is easy to make. Delicious!
- 2 tbsp good quality oil (except olive – taste won’t go)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small piece of ginger, whole
- 1/2 Napa cabbage, sliced and cut
- 250 grams mushrooms, sliced
- Dried egg noodles for 4 people (I had 180 grams – check the packaging info)
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp low-salt soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 scallions chopped
- 2 boiled eggs
- Pour oil in a Saute Pan or a pot. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for few minutes.
- Add Napa Cabbage and mushrooms. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- And egg noodles and stock. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Top with scallions and boiled eggs. Enjoy.