Did you know that cauliflower is much delicious in season and grown locally and organically? Yes, it is! I love cauliflowers only when they are in season. If they are imported from Poland or Spain they have a sharp and bitter taste.
Not all in this family love cauliflower. I need to think about kids proof recipes to offer cauliflower. Best together with cheese and without garlic. Then they love it! And I’m happy to hear that this cheesy cauliflower egg bake is delicious!
Cheesy Cauliflower egg bake
- 2 small heads cauliflower or one big
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 200 grams grated sharp cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil salt water in a big pot and preheat an oven to 200°C. Meanwhile, wash and cut cauliflower into small rosettes. Boil in salt water for few minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk and half of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- When cauliflower is tender drain and place in baking dish. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower. Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is golden brown.