This recipe is inspired by fellow blogger Crunch Crunch Away and I still have wild mushrooms in my freezer! I like to stir-fry all the liquid out from mushrooms and then freeze them in small glass jars. This recipe requires 2 of my wild mushroom jars.
Modified the recipe a bit according to my mood and taste buds, they called for garlic!
Cabbage and Mushroom Noodles
Wok. One pot meal.
- 4 egg-noodle squares
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 of cabbage sliced
- 2 cups frozen fried wild mushrooms (or 400 grams fresh mushrooms)
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- soy sauce to taste
- sesame oil (for taste, optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over high heat, add oil and minced garlic. Cook for few seconds, add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add carrot and cabbage and a bit of water. Cover and cook for few minutes. Add soy sauce and stir-fry until tender.
- Add noodles and mix in sesame oil and more soy sauce to taste!