Layered Rye Bread Dessert
Latvian traditional Rye Bread dessert. Simple. Delicious.
All you have to find is Rye bread crumbs or dark rye bread! Everything else is easy!
Healthy Layered Latvian Rye Bread Dessert
- 3 slices dark rye bread ~160 grams
- 6 tbsp lingonberry blackcurrant, cranberry juice or jam (I prefer juice!)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g wiped cream and vanilla sugar to make a wiped cream
- Grate slices of bread. Heat skillet and toast breadcrumbs over medium heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and leave to cool.
- Make wiped cream.
- Mix bread crumbs with juice or jam.
- Start layering your dessert into dessert glass. Starting with breadcrumbs followed by whipped cream and continue until all the breadcrumb mixture is used.