Latvian traditional Rye Bread dessert. Simple. Delicious.
All you have to find is Rye bread crumbs or dark rye bread! Everything else is easy!
Healthy Layered Latvian Rye Bread Dessert
- 3 slices dark rye bread (~160 grams)
- 6 tbsp lingonberry, blackcurrant, cranberry juice or jam (I prefer juice!)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g wiped cream and vanilla sugar to make a wiped cream
- Grate slices of bread. Heat skillet and toast breadcrumbs over medium heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and leave to cool.
- Make wiped cream.
- Mix bread crumbs with juice or jam.
- Start layering your dessert into dessert glass. Starting with breadcrumbs followed by whipped cream and continue until all the breadcrumb mixture is used.