I’ve got half of pumpkin in my fridge this morning. I should make something out of it or it will be wasted. I wanted something satisfying and delicious but without sugar, so the pumpkin puree cookies wasn’t an option.
So I made Pumpkin end Lentil cream soup without cream. There is no need to add cream. We topped it with grated Parmesan cheese.
Here you go,
Pumpkin & Lentil soup
One-pot wonder that is easy to make. Delicious!
- 2 tbsp good quality oil
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 kg pumpkin flesh, cubbed
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grind Parmesan cheese
- Pour oil in a pot. Add onion and garlic. Cook for few minutes until golden brown.
- Add pumpkin and lentils and stock. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until the lentils and pumpkin are cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with grated cheese.