Russian sweet cottage cheese bake
Linna is a bigger help in the kitchen than Nelle. Nelle would love to live in the city but Linna dreams of walks in the woods, mushroom picking and bike rides.
Linna is like me… so we baked together! This dish reminds me of my childhood in the kindergarten and school too. I loved Biezpiena sacepums (cottage cheese bake) with ķīselis (kissel).
This was a big portion for… I don’t know for 10 people I guess!?
Russian Sweet Cottage Cheese Bake
- 1000 gr
drydrained cottage cheese 1kg
- 150 grams butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 5 eggs divided
- 150 grams flour
- vanilla extract and/or natural lemon flavor lemon zest
- Preheat an oven to 190°C.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar and pinch of salt until pale and creamy, allow sugar to dissolve. Add cottage cheese and flour.
- Add cottage cheese and flour. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl beating the whites to stiff peaks. Slowly mix into cottage cheese mix.
- Grease the baking dish with some butter or oil, pour the mixture in and bake in the oven for 40-55 minutes.