This is my favorite winter breakfast recipe! I love how leek gives “spring taste” to the quark/cottage cheese. Simple & quick breakfast idea.
If you ask me I prefer savory breakfast and it’s hard to find inspiration online. It feels like everyone else love sweet breakfast.
Breakfast Cottage cheese / quark with greens
In our family cottage cheese/quark is main breakfast meal
- 2 packages cottage cheese (about 400 grams)
- 1 small or 1/2 long cucumber
- chopped leaks to taste (about 1/4 cup)
- dill to taste (frozen 1 tbsp)
- green salt
- sour cream to desired consistency (about 1/4 cup)
- Put cottage cheese/quark into bowl
- Cut cucumber, leek, and dill if using fresh and add to cottage cheese/quark.
- Add salt, sour cream and mix until combined. Eat with bread, scrambled eggs, etc..