Maybe for someone, it’s cheesy cause I sneaked one and a half cup of pumpkin in it!? But – Yes, it’s cheesy (like there is cheese in it)! This recipe requires mozzarella, Parmesan, and even cream cheese 🙂
I wouldn’t dare to call it healthier, but someone may, cause there is no flour in cheese sauce and extra points for veggies (pumpkin – I’m not botanic so I won’t call pumpkin a fruit!).
So, if you still are interested in this recipe, here you go! Enjoy!
Cheesy Baked Pumpkin Pasta
This recipe requires one and half cup of pumpkin puree
- – 5 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 onion
- 5 (strong) garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 packages (125 grams each) Mozzarella sliced
- Cook pasta in salt water. Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- While Pasta is cooking start making sauce. Cut onion, garlic, measure spices, and grate the cheese.
- In a big frying pan melt butter and fry onions until golden brown. Add garlic and stir-fry for few seconds.
- Add spices and salt. Milk, pumpkin puree, cream cheese and Parmesan. Mix until combined, cook for few minutes.
- Taste the pumpkin – cheese sauce, add spices and salt if needed.
- Drain pasta and mix into the sauce. Transfer to baking dish. Cover up with Mozzarella slices and bake in the oven for about 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.