I know the title as itself is a mouthful! You must try this healthy dessert! Yes, yes, no doubt it’s healthy after all the Christmas & New Years feasting… or is it just me.
Without further ado, here is the recipe! (OK, take a look at glasses! This recipe is for five small glasses, not big ones!)
Chocolate Pumpkin Mascarpone Mousse with Crunchy Oats and Raspberries
This recipe requires 1/3 cup pumpkin puree. Pumpkin puree must be as creamy as possible - drain all the liquid before blending and drain after blending too.
- For oats
- 1 cup oats (oat flakes/rolled oats)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup (~130 gr) Mascarpone
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- about 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Crunchy oats: Melt butter in frying pan. Add oats and sugar. Stir-fry until lightly brown. Watch it! It will burn quickly. Transfer to a plate to cool down.
- Mousse: In a bowl add Mascarpone, pumpkin puree and cocoa and whisk until fluffy.
- Layer up the dessert in the 5 small tall narrow glasses. Starting with raspberries followed by oats and mousse. Repeat and end with mousse. Decorate with raspberries and/or oats.