My family loved it so much that I had to ask neighbors for more rhubarbs :).
Perfect Rhubarb custard pie
This recipe is from Jodi's blog lifeinbetween.me with small adaptation.
- Pie crust
- 2 cups flour
- 120 grams butter cut into peaces
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- small pinch of salt
- about 1/3 cold water Rhubarb custard filling
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 small eggs
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl rub together flour, butter, sugar and salt until gets crumbly. Add enough cold water to form a ball. Do not knead.
- Roll out a half of the dough and lie in the (glass) pie dish. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and flour together. Beat in eggs and mix well. Add diced rhubarbs and mix until combined.
- Put the rhubarb mixture on to the pie crust. Roll out leftover dough and cover the pie (with a lattice or regular top).
- Bake on lowest rack at 180°C for 20 minutes and then turn to 210°C for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.