Making Apple Juice & Apple Sauce Using a Steamer Juicer
In my family, we never used Steamer Juicer for apple juice instead we used a cold press and then heated the juice in a big pot. Steamer Juicer was used for cranberries and currant. Steamer juicer is a great way to make homemade apple juice and sauce at the same time! I discovered it last year! Amazing! The juice is so delicious and isn’t that “strong” it’s sweet and soft. Perfect for kids!
Making Apple Juice & Apple Sauce using a Steamer Juicer
– What is steam juicer and how to set it up, read here
- Wash and cut apples into quarters. Set the steamer and add apples.
- While waiting for the juice to start flow wash bottles and jars (for applesauce) with hot soapy water.
- Juice collects in the middle part of the juicer. Start to bottle your juice only when there is enough juice to fill the whole bottle. The juice is hot. Fill the bottle, seal it and turn around if possible. Don’t need to process in a boiling water canner.
- After apples are juiced put the leftovers in a colander/strainer and make the applesauce.
- Fill the jars with the applesauce and process in a boiling water canner.
I love this way of juicing apples. Makes everything easy and less messy! And one of our favorite easy desserts is applesauce with whip cream. Yumm!
P.S. It was late… 8pm when I decide to juice the apples! Crazy me 🙂 Dessert well deserved and 10pm 🙂