Yesterday I had enormous breakfast (don’t know why I thought 1 cup uncooked CousCous is OK for 2, it’s not)! There was too much couscous and since it was delicious, I ate it all! Yes, all that BIG breakfast portion of couscous :).
I know that oats are better but I can’t eat oatmeal all the time. Also, I don’t like sweet breakfast (and oat is a bit sweet) but it seems like if I’m googling for savory breakfast recipes online every one loves sweet breakfast and there are no other options, except Full English Breakfast! Even before eating pancakes I would eat savory bread with cheese, ham, egg or whatever to get my day going!
Now I’m sharing my everyday recipes, starting with this one, so that next time I google for inspiration, see my own savory breakfast ideas online! Wish me luck 🙂
Breakfast CousCous with Garlic dip
Hint: 1 cup dry couscous makes 2 – 2 ½ cups cooked couscous
- 1/2 cup uncooked CousCous
- 1 tbsp bouillon powder (Like Marigold or other brands)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- garlic clove
- 1 tsp dill (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- Boil water to be ready when needed.
- In a small pot add oil and couscous, bouillon powder and basil. Stir and heat through. About 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Add boiling water to cover the couscous. Cover the pot with a lid and set aside.
- Make dip: Mix sour cream with one minced garlic clove, dill, and parmesan.
- Prepare veggies: Cut the tomato and slice the avocado.
- Stire CousCous with a fork to break lumps. Serve with dip and veggies.