Local vegetable tagine with pork mince
Another tagine recipe from our kitchen is with minced pork. We are buying pork from local certified Organic farm Purmalas and cooking together with Latvian winter vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions.
The same here I start this after a breakfast and it’s ready for lunch.
Winter Vegetable tagine with minced pork
- 200 ml water
- 4 carrots
- 6 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 300 gr pork mince
- dill fresh or frozen
- Put tagine on low heat and start heating it up slowly. Pour in warm water. Put the lid on.
- Heat the frying pan and add oil and chopped onion. Cook for few minutes.
- Add pork mince and fry until light brown. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Peel and slice the carrots. Add in the heated tagine. As a next layer add pork and then peeled and chopped potatoes.
- Cover and cook (still on low) for 1 1/2 hour or until vegetables are almost cooked. Sprinkle with dill. Enjoy.