These paper pumpkins are easy to make and sure looks cute. I made these as a gift wrapping for the “Little Pumpkin party” a.k. “David’s first birthday”.
If you have bigger present than a t-shirt for 1yo, you will need bigger size paper. If smaller or few small presents, pack them in a cello bag and then put in the pumpkin.
You will need (for 3 pumpkins):
- Pumpkin leaf template from a crafticious blog.
- 6 A4 size orange paper
- 1 A4 size light green paper
- 1 A4 size darker green paper
- 6 brads
- 3 rubber bands or strings
- scissors or/and rotary trimmer
- small round hole punch (optional)
- toothpick (optional)
- Print out pumpkin leaves on both green papers. Cut out.
- Using rotary trimmer or scissors cut all orange sheets width-wise into 3cm wide strips.
- Take 1/3 of all stripes. Punch the hole in one end. Add the toothpick or the paper brad. Fold like in the picture and punch another hole.
- Make a hole in the rubber band too. If using a string, skip this step.
- Put a brad through leaves and into the one end of orange stripes.
- Start making a pumpkin shape by separating orange stripes. Roll t-shirt to fit in pumpkin.
- When the pumpkin is half made – put t-shirt inside and continue to arrange the stripes around them. That’s it!
If you are making decorations, you might want to make a lighter version. Use only 3 pages orange paper for 3 pumpkins. And you will get this:
I hope it was helpful.